The violence in Israel/Palestine is deeply disturbing and heartbreaking. It can be hard not to fall into despair and hopelessness. But constructive action is the antidote to despair.
Here are some things that you can do right now.
6 things you can do to support those who are most affected:
1. Work with your local Boycott, Divest, Sanctions (BDS) group to call on your community to end its support of Israel’s military & businesses.
2. Donate to relief efforts, like this Emergency Support for Palestinian families in Gaza fundraiser.
3. Join the daily Power Half Hour for Gaza by JVP Action to advocate for the safety of folks in Gaza.
4. Follow Jewish Voice for Peace and Eye on Palestine to learn more.
5. Call a Palestinian or Israeli friend to express your care.
6. See this Toolkit for stopping the Gaza genocide for more action items.
For folks who are close to the situation, the recent events may be traumatizing. For folks who have experienced trauma in the past, hearing about what's going on might be triggering.
If you're struggling, I encourage you to reach out for support from your loved ones and/or these organizations:
SAWA (972594040121 on WhatsApp) | @sawa.organization
English & Spanish
Crisis Text Line | @crisistextline
NATAL's trauma helpline (1-800-363-363)